Summer is on its way (in the northern hemisphere, at least) and I’ve already had to usher several bees out of the kitchen of the Small Aperture mansion. Unusual ladybirds have graced the pavements of east London recently, too. And we’re waiting for the emergence of dragonflies and mayflies a little later this month. For May’s competition, therefore, we’re looking for pictures of insects. And of course the super-dudes at Fracture are supplying a prize for our favourite entry.
You’ve from today (that’s Wednesday 4 May) until Wednesday 25 May to submit your picture (just the one) to the Small Aperture Flickr pool.
Any questions? Ah yes, the April competition winner, I hear you ask. We’ve been beset by a minor technological impediment there. Haje is currently incommunicado. As soon as he’s the chance to look at the entries and we’ve indulged in our ritual round of email indecision, we’ll announce the winner. I promise. Any other questions? No? Well, you know where to find me if you do.
As ever, I’ve reproduced The Rules, just in case.
- If you decide to enter, you agree to The Rules.
- You can’t have written for Small Aperture or be related to either me or Haje to enter.
- One entry per person – so choose your best!
- Entries need to be submitted to the right place, which is the Small Aperture Flickr group.
- There’s a closing date for entries, so make sure you’ve submitted before then.
- You have to own the copyright to your entry and be at liberty to submit it to a competition. Using other people’s photos is most uncool.
- It probably goes without saying, but entries do need to be photographs. It’d be a bit of strange photo competition otherwise.
- Don’t do anything icky – you know, be obscene or defame someone or sell your granny to get the photo.
- We (that being me and Haje) get to choose the winner and we’ll do our best to do so within a week of the competition closing.
- You get to keep all the rights to your images. We just want to be able to show off the winners (and maybe some honourable mentions) here on Small Aperture.
- Entry is at your own risk. I can’t see us eating you or anything, but we can’t be responsible for anything that happens to you because you submit a photo to our competition.
- We are allowed to change The Rules, or even suspend or end the competition, if we want or need to. Obviously we’ll try not to, but just so that you know.
(The picture of the fly is Haje’s. Awesome, no?)